Sunday, February 8, 2009

Anyone can be a poet! (To varying degrees of proficiency)

I'm pretty good at a lot of the things that I do, so I decided to make a list of things that I'm not good at.

Basketball
Jump rope
Swimming
Pogo sticking
Skateboarding
Gargling
Poetry

Now poetry is an interesting subject. I'm not the best writer, and my poetry is always very cheesy. So I decided to write a poem just to see how bad it would be. Here is the result.


The Sky - Joseph Lawrence

The sun rises in the east
Giving tribute to the skies.

The birds fly up toward the air
Screeching out their cries.

The people down on the ground
Try to decide who to be.

But the answers never come because
Only by looking up we can see.


This turned out so hilariously cheesy that I decided to do a dramatic reading of the poem with background music. You can listen to it below.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Joseph’s blog is such a fun surprise;
Random logic right before your eyes.
He can take a topic that’s obscure
Twist it with some humor that’s mature.
His interests are diverse;
His arguments obverse.
For smarts like this I’m sure there is no cure.